Posted on January 20, 2016
"AI Collection" is an assortment of several AIs I developed for a school project. Each AI has a different objective or style.
Github Link info: My part of the project is under darths stuff.
List of AIs:
- "Animal" Camp: The "Animals" Spawn near a desired point like a tree or nest. They wander out from there to a settable distance. If a player or another AI wanders by they will set chase for a short distance or flee.
- Flying Turret: Follows a player around ; circling overhead until a enemy walks into its FOV. It will then circle the opponent firing at them until it is destroyed, then it will return to the original player.
- Stationary Turret: Waits for something to enter its FOV then it will fire at them repetitively until death, prioritizes players over NPC.
- POI Enemy Player: Follows sets of points until a enemy or a POI(represented by spheres) appears. After investigating the POI or killing the enemy it will then return to its path.
What I learned
- AI is hard and annoying but very useful.
- Basic AI scripting
- Running scripts over a network
- How to make a FOV (Field of Vision)
- How to make POI (Point of Interest)